Consult our trainings :
Web Development, Fundamentals Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
This highly practical course will introduce you to all the necessary Web technologies. It shows the essential in order to develop a web site, how to work efficiently with the main technical languages (HTML, XML...), how to handle the graphic elements, access to databases and administrative tasks.
- Web servers (Apache, IIS). Protocols: TCP/IP, PPP, HTTP. FTP. URLs. Additional network services (DNS, DHCP, etc).
- Domain name management. Choosing the Internet hoster. Technical architecture. Organisation. Web services.
- HTTPS, SSL protocols.
- Certificates, the firewall, the proxy.
- Secured payment.
- Presentation of HTML, XHTML languages.
- Structure, links, hypertext.
- Images, frames, style sheets. Vector formats.
- Techniques for successful listing on the search engines. Metatags.
Producing complex HTML pages with Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Creating style sheets, preparing the page for listing.
- Constraints and advantages. Syntax, structure, entry fields, buttons, check boxes, lists, text areas, file selections.
Producing a form sending data to the message service and a database.
- Utilising graphics tools (Fireworks) to design an enhanced interface. Developing animated images with Flash.
- Graphics resources: GIF, JPEG, PNG, shockwave.
Developing a model HTML page with Fireworks, Flash components. Integrating multi-media plug-ins to display Flash, shockwave components.
- Standard. Impact on development. Making the site comply with accessibility standards. Test tools. Accessiweb labels.
Utilising test and audit tools.
- Graphics chart. Usability rules. Graphics pitfalls to avoid in order to have an effective site (navigation, lay-out, technical constraints). Models of pages.
Defining the specifications for the graphics chart.
- Method of operation, security. GET and POST methods. Server variables.
- The configuration of the server.
- Server-side scripts: ASP, JSP, PHP.
- Implementing VBSCRIPT.
- Calling Web services.
Developing dynamic pages in ASP, interrogating a database, Web services.
- Technologies for access from ASP, ODBC scripts. SQL, the request language.
- Integrating SQL requests in the page for adding, deleting and modifying database data.
Managing a database through ASP pages.
- Syntax of the language. Data entry controls for a form. Rollover effects on the images. Managing cookies. Utilising DHTML. Special effects in DHTML
- DOM and Ajax. Towards Web 2.0.
- Retrieving and integrating a script in a page.
- Presentation of Java technology. Integrating Java applets. Interrogating a database through an Applet-JDBC.
- Presentation of ActiveX technology. Developing a Flash component.
- Utilising all the administration operations performed by the Webmaster (domain name, ftp transfer, security, creating customised error messages, managing log files).