Consult our trainings :
VMware vSphere 6, Installation, Configuration, and Administration Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
You'll learn how to install, configure and administer the components of a VMware vSphere 6 virtual infrastructure. You'll study how to manage the virtual network, storage, resources, and machine deployment. You'll also see how to secure and back up the infrastructure once installed.
- Install and configure the components of a VMware vSphere 6 infrastructure. ESXi, vCenter
- Configure and manage the virtual network in vSphere
- Configure, manage, and optimize storage in VMware vSphere
- Improve and optimize resource allocation with VMware Distributed Resource Schedule
- Set up Fault Tolerance for the virtual machines
- Set up VM replication with vSphere Replication
- Make access to the VMWare infrastructure secure
- Architecture, components, PSC (Platform Services Controller).
- Installing vCenter Server 6 in Windows.
Installing and configuring an ESXi, vCenter 6 server. Deploying the Appliance vCenter 6.
- Standard virtual switches.
- Advanced network configuration: security, traffic management, teaming management.
- Fibre Channel SAN, iSCSI SAN, and NFS storage.
- Datastores: Creation and management.
Configure and manage the virtual network, optimize storage.
- Cloning, snapshots, and cold migration.
- Managing the virtual hardware: Thin Provisioning, VMDirectPath.
- Backing up with VMware Data Protection.
- Monitoring and managing the use of resources.
Creating VMs and templates. Cloning, backing up and cold migration of VMs. Monitoring and managing the use of resources.
- ESXi: The firewall, integrating it into Active Directory.
- Making access secure: Roles and permissions.
- Managing updates (VMware Update Manager).
Make access to the VMWare infrastructure secure Configure and administer the firewall in ESXi. Install vCenter Update Manager. Manage updates.
- Optimizing the use of CPUs and memory.
Implementing alarms, checking CPU consumption on a VM. Creating an alarm linked to an event.
- Managing a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster.
Implementing high availability and a VM backup policy. Setting up VM replication with vSphere Replication
- VMware VMotion, VMware Storage VMotion, VMware Enhanced VMotion.
- Managing a Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster.
- Configuring Enhanced VMotion Compatibility (EVC).
- Managing Distributed Power Management (DPM).
- Installing VMware Converter Standalone: installation, migration.
Improving, optimizing resources (VMware Distributed Resource Schedule). Managing updates to the virtual infrastructure.