Consult our trainings :
VMware vSphere 5.5, Installation, Configuration, and Administration Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
This course will teach you how to install, configure and administer the components of a VMware vSphere 5.5 virtual infrastructure. It will show you how to manage the virtual network, storage, and resources, and to deploy virtual machines and make the new infrastructure secure and backed-up.
- Install and configure the components of a VMware vSphere 5.5 infrastructure.
- Configure and manage the virtual network in vSphere
- Configure, manage, and optimize storage in VMWare vSphere
- Improve and optimize resource allocation with VMware Distributed Resource Schedule
- Set up Fault Tolerance for the virtual machines
- Set up VM replication with vSphere Replication
- The most common use cases for virtualization.
- Overview of VMware vSphere, licenses.
- Architecture and components of vSphere 5.5
Installing an ESXi server.
- Installing vCenter Server 5.5 in Windows.
- Deployment of Appliance vCenter 5.5.
- The SSO server. The Inventory Service server.
Installing and configuring vCenter 5.5.
- Standard virtual switches.
- Advanced network configuration (security, traffic management, teaming management).
Configuring the network's components.
- Overview of different storage protocols
- Fibre Channel SAN, iSCSI SAN, and NFS storage.
- Creating and managing Datastores.
- Creating, deleting, and managing VMs, templates.
- Cold migration to move a VM.
- Managing the virtual hardware: Thin Provisioning, VMDirectPath.
- Snapshots of virtual machines.
- Backing up VMs with VMware Data Protection.
- Monitoring and managing the use of resources.
Creating VMs and templates. Cloning a virtual machine (VM).
- Configuring and administering the firewall in ESXi.
- Using Lockdown Mode.
- Integrating ESXi into the Active Directory.
- Making access secure: Roles and permissions.
- Installing vCenter Update Manager.
- Managing updates with VMware Update Manager.
- Managing a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster.
- VMware Fault Tolerance.
- VMware vSphere Replication.
Implementing high availability and a VM backup policy.