Consult our trainings :
> Digital Technologies training > Operating Systems training > Linux training > Unix/Linux Essentials, Hands-on training
Unix/Linux Essentials, Hands-on Training
Duration : 2 days
Ref : BUX
Price 2020 : Contact us
- Participants / Prerequisite
This training is clearly lab-oriented. It presents a chosen selection of essential Unix knowledge that will enable you to use a Unix system on its everyday tasks.
Students will be using networked workstations under Unix (AIX, Solaris, HP/UX and Linux) to perform the various labs.
- Different Unix versions (AIX, HP_UX, Solaris...).
- Login and logout.
- Structure of a Unix command.
- Using and customizing the desktop.
- Unix directories and file systems.
- Users and groups, file permissions.
- Essential commands to manage files and directories.
- How to use the on-line documentation.
- Essential commands to manage files.
- Physical and symbolic links.
- Additional commands to manage files and directories.
- Displaying disk usage.
- The vi editor.
- Executing programs.
- Environment and processes.
- Expanding commands.
- Writing shell-scripts.
- User environment ". profile".
- Additional commands.
- Using regular expressions.
- Example : grep and the regular expressions.
- Essential tools.
- Using pipes.
- Using pipes to build higher level tools.
- Additional tools.
- Background execution.
- Tools to manage background and foreground processes.
- Sending signals and killing processes.
- Answering signals.
- Shell variables.
- Language instructions (if, for, while, ...).
- The test command.
- Simple shell script examples.
- Modifying a shell script.
- Interactive instructions in shell.
Participants / Prerequisite
The students should have a general knowledge of computers and systems.
Book your place
Submit your request
Generally, courses take place from 9:00 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 17:30.
However, on the first day attendees are welcomed from 8:45, and there is a presentation of the session between 9:15 and 9:30.
The course itself begins at 9:30. For the 4- or 5-day hands-on courses, the sessions finish at 15:30 on the last day