Consult our trainings :
Practical Stress Management Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
Stress is a part of day-to-day living. Stress can act as a motivator and an energizer. However, if your stress level is too high, health and professional problems can result. This training course will help you understand how the stress mechanism works and offer some simple and tangible stress management techniques.
- Definition of stress and related biology; Fight or Flight Response; Difference between positive and negative stress.
- Learn to read your own stress indicators: physical, emotional, behavioural signals; Type A-Type B Personalities.
- Physical and emotional consequences of stress; Recognising and preventing burn-out.
- Causes of stress: Your personal stressors; understanding typical stressful work-related situations; (time pressures, competition, financial problems, noise, disappointments...); Holmes & Rahe Scale.
- Difference between inner and external stressors; the cognitive approach; the impact of our interpretations; identifying your stressful thoughts.
- Different stress management approaches.
- Relaxation: concrete and effective breathing, relaxation and visualisation techniques.
- Strengthening ability to manage stress. Personal coaching to develop awareness and good habits at work and on a daily basis.
- Understanding the communication process and what creates conflicts and stressful situations; Communication filters; Aggressive/passive/assertive behaviour.
- Developing Assertiveness skills: how to express feelings and opinions calmly.
- Improving communication skills; observation and listening; main principles of non-violent communication.