Consult our trainings :
Purchasing for Non-Purchasing People Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
This hands-on course will show you the methods and main tools used by purchasers. You'll learn how to write specifications, analyze and select bids from suppliers, improve the efficiency of your negotiations, and assess the quality of the services delivered.
- Identifying the role and fundamental tasks of procurement.
- Understanding the procurement value chain.
- Understanding the value added by the purchaser.
- Detecting the potential foreseeable gains.
In subgroups, the participants create a table for a new procurement process.
- Organizing the procurement approach.
- Classifying and segmenting the needs.
- Writing up specifications.
- Applying the Functional Needs Analysis (FNA) method.
Write up functional and technical specifications based on a product/service procurement need. Listing the expected functions.
- Targeting suppliers and creating a preselected panel of potential suppliers.
- Preparing the call for tenders and the consultation.
- Determining the supplier selection criteria.
- Evaluating the suppliers' responses.
- Creating an analysis grid.
- Selecting one or more proposals.
Case study Produce an analysis grid.
- Preparing the procurement document: The order documents, the form of the contract, etc.
- Conducting a financial analysis of a supplier.
- Identifying the negotiation issues.
- Mastering the steps of negotiation.
- Preparing the file from a technical standpoint
- Setting the goals for the meeting.
- Determining which clauses need negotiating. Persuading.
Case study Prepare a complete negotiation based on an analysis of suppliers' bids. Make a persuasive case.
- Knowing the components of negotiations: Issues, protagonists, relationships. Client/supplier power games.
- Mastering the phases of the negotiation meeting.
- Effectively communicating during the negotiation.
- Responding to objections.
- Identifying different types of negotiators.
- Effectively concluding the negotiation meeting.
Hands-on work Negotiation meeting scenarios. Group debriefing on habits put to use.
- Monitoring the performance of the contract Assessing suppliers' services based on predefined criteria.
- Measuring the differences. Defining a progress approach.
- Supplier quality assurance.
Categorize two suppliers into sub-groups based on quality, price, timeframe, and service criteria.