Consult our trainings :
Getting Started with PostgreSQL Training
certification AVIT® en option
- Participants / Prerequisite
The PostgreSQL DBMS has most of the features found in commercial products like Oracle or DB2. This training will teach you how to use it effectively, particularly to create and operate a database, or program in PL/pgSQL language.
- Overview of PostgreSQL, versions.
- The relational model, the schema.
- Tables, constraints. User interfaces.
- The SQL standard. Positioning of PostgreSQL. Setting up a database's schema.
- PostgreSQL data type. Tables. Sequences. Views. Integrity constraints on tables.
- Adding, editing, and deleting data.
- Querying a database's schema. Selection, restriction, sorting, joining.
- Complex queries. Using operators. SQL features of PostgreSQL.
- Advanced features of PostgreSQL. Transactions. Views. Tables. Table inheritance.
Creating a schema. SQL DDL scripts. Creating views. Transaction scenarios.
- Instructions, types of language. Blocks of code.
- Control structures. Errors and exceptions.
- Cursors. Declaration, movement, and closing.
- Procedures and functions.
- Adding subprograms to a database.
- Triggers. Structure.
- Importing/exporting data.
- With COPY TO and COPY FROM. With Psql.
- Backing up and restoring data.
- pg_dump tools. Request optimization
- Indexes. The optimizer. EXPLAIN and VACUUM.
Importing/exporting data. Creating an index and analyzing a query execution plan.
- Creation. Authentication.
- Grant privileges.
Creating users, allocating rights. Authentication tests.
- Installing and starting a database.
- Postmaster. The Postgresql.conf file.
- System tables.
Installing a database and configuration.