Getting Started with MySQL Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
This course will make it possible to acquire all the skills needed to effectively and reliably use the MySQL database: Using the SQL language, the objects of the database. This course also offers an introduction to administration.
- Versions, overview of features and tools.
- Resources and documentation.
- Installation procedure.
- Post-installation settings and first tests.
- The mysql command line client tool.
- The MySQL Query Browser graphical tool.
- Design elements of a database schema
- Integrity constraints.
- MySQL data types (digital, chains, dates, specific types, etc.).
- Integrated MySQL functions.
- Types of tables (MyISAM, MEMORY, MERGE, InnoDB, etc.).
- Creating databases and tables.
- The INFORMATION_SCHEMA database.
- Character sets, internationalization.
Designing and creating a database with MylSAM tables.
- Single selections, comparisons, sorts.
- Multitable selections, different types of joins.
- Embedded queries, prepared queries.
- Changes and view management.
Single selections, Multiple selections, internal and external joins, embedded requests. Data changes and deletions.
- Notion of a transaction, isolation levels.
- Physical structure of tables.
- Transaction programming (START TRANSACTION, COMMIT, ROLLBACK).
- Stored procedures and functions.
- Defining procedures Triggers.
- Managing errors.
Writing stored procedures. Retrieving results using cursors. Creating and using triggers.
- Privilege levels and verifying rights.
- Managing users and their privileges.
- Making stored procedures and views secure.
Managing privileges and passwords.