Consult our trainings :
MS-Project, introduction Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
This training will mainly teach you to schedule tasks, assign resources, and budget and track activities with MS Project. Many practical exercises are included to help you learn about the software in an operational manner.
- Browsing in the MS-Project interface, using different interfaces and reports
- Creating tasks in the project and assigning them durations
- Establishing dependencies between tasks
- Optimizing margins and the project's critical path
- Associating resources with the project and improving their use
- Tracking the progress of the project and analyzing discrepancies
- Introduction to the elements of the work environment: Toolbars, tables, windows, pop-up help.
- Pre-scheduling configuration: Choosing units of time and work, the calendar, and options.
Learning the interface. Initializing the project.
- Creating tasks. Handling tasks: Moving, editing, deleting.
- Tracking the PERT network.
- Understanding different types of constraints.
- Analyzing the schedule, identifying margins and the critical path.
Handling tasks, establishing dependencies. Inputing durations. Showing margins and the critical path. Tracking changes. Adjusting timeframes.
- Creating and assigning resources.
- Presenting types of tasks.
- Defining assignment fields.
Creating and assigning resources. Controlling overloads.
- Defining resource allocation percentages.
- Entering fixed costs.
- Evaluating the budget on the schedule.
Fixed cost for tasks. Resource leveling. Viewing the budget.
- Indicators: Baseline, consumed, needed to finish, progress, end estimate.
- Setting up the baseline.
- Updating the project: Entering consumed, progress, work left remaining.
Save the initial schedule. Define and show the progress date. Automatic progress. Analyze the project.