Consult our trainings :
Lean Six Sigma®, Yellow Belt, certification Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
The role of the Yellow Belt is to lead an improvement project with visible results in terms of quality and customer satisfaction. This course will set you on the operational implementation of Lean Six Sigma® method and you will certify you as "Yellow Belt".
- Lean Six Sigma®, objectives. Application areas. The different roles. Role of the Yellow Belt.
- DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control) presentation.
- The "Define" phase . Relationship between variation and Sigma.
- Concepts and implementation of Six Sigma® models.
The roles and responsibilities in the Six Sigma® organization.
- The "Process Focus" description. Importance of VOC, VOB, VOE and CTQ. The low quality cost (COPQ).
- How to generate a process map. Six Sigma® basic metrics . FTY and RTY, DPU and DPMO ...
- How to use a structured approach to project selection.
- Defining the project in a clear project charter.
- How to perform an initial estimation of project benefits.
Estimated project profit.
- Specific deliverables of the methodology.
- Design the project roadmap.
- How to apply the methodology throughout the project.
- "Discovery Process" introduction. Global map of the process. Diagrams: Ishikawa, X-Y.
- Elements of an FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis). Statistics used in Six Sigma®.
- Characteristics of a normal distribution. Normality test.
- Difference between a special cause and common cause of variation.
- Data graphs. MSA (Measurement System Analysis). Estimate the capacity of the process.
- How to describe the non-normal data impact analysis. Estimate the capacity of attribute data.
- Lean controls, tools description. Defects control, prevention methods.
- Reducing variations. SPC (Statistical Process Control). SPC chart elements. Objectives.
- Implementation methodology of a control board.
- Sampling frequency. Selection of monitoring graphs. Handling of related graphs and calculations.
How Lean tools help elimination and defect prevention and the achievement of project objectives ? How do they depend on each other ?