Consult our trainings :
ISO 26000, Social Responsibility, Foundation, Certification Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing a social responsibility program as proposed in ISO 26000:2010. The participant will learn the different core subjects and issues: human rights, labour practices, the environment, fair operating practices, consumer issues ..
- To understand the implementation of a social responsibility program in accordance with ISO26000
- To know the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage a social responsibility program
- To acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing a social responsibility program as in ISO26000
- Corporate Social Responsibility concepts as defined by ISO 26000.
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to organizations’ social responsibility.
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach.
- Presentation of ISO 26000 clauses and its six core subjects.
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 7 of ISO 26000.
- Implementation phases of the ISO 26000 program.
- Continual improvement of a social responsibility program.
- Conducting an ISO 26000 audit.
- Development of a social responsibility policy and objectives.
- Human rights issues and best practices.
- Labour practices issues and best practices.
- The environment issues and best practices.
- Fair operating practices issues and best practices.
- Consumer issues and best practices.
- Community involvement and development issues and best practices.
- Certified ISO 26000 Foundation exam.