Consult our trainings :
Hypervisors and realtime Linux Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
At the end of this training you will be able to choose between the different realtime solutions for Linux and to develop realtime applications based on Linux-RT, Xenomai or a realtime hypervisor architecture.
- Overview of virtualization. History. Theory of virtualization. Virtualization types and modes.
- The new virtualization helpers in modern CPU, Intel VTX and ARM Trust-zone.
- Virtualization gains. Securing a system by diminution of the trusted software base.
- Virtualization using Linux. Namespaces and application virtualization.
- Overview of QEMU and KVM. Focus on XEN.
- Presentation of the XEN Hypervisor. Installation, commands overview.
- Storage management, console, networking with XEN.
- CPU virtualization, scheduling, checkpoints and migration.
- Limits of the XEN scheduling. Tries to makes XEN realtime.
- The XEN Development interface.
Installation and management of the XEN Hypervisor. Implementation of a bare XEN application. Port of an Operating System to XEN. Xen scheduler.
- Linux realtime evolution. Origin of the problem.
- Schedulers, bottom halves and latency. Linux-RT and new schedulers.
- Nano kernels and interrupt virtualization. Overview and history of RT_Linux and RTAI nano kernels.
- Interrupt virtualization using ADEOS and xenomai.
- Virtualization using ADEOS. Domains management and events handling. Interrupt management.
- Xenomai applications development. Posix interface. Native interface.
- RTDM interface. Interacting with linux. COMEDI.
- RTNET and determinist ethernet networking using TDMA.
Installation of Xenomai, development of a realtime application with Posix and Native Interface. Benchmark comparing Linux standard applications and Xenomai applications under heavy load.
- History and overview of realtime hypervisors.
- Opensource realtime hypervisors, XtratuM and L4/Pistachio.
- Commercial hypervisors, VLX, OK-L4, PikeOS.
- XtratuM. Building an application with XtratuM. Linux port to XtratuM
- Inter domain communication.
- Scheduling and memory management with XtratuM.
Installation of Xtratum and realtime OS Partikle. Development of a realtime application. Benchmark.