Consult our trainings :
Building, negotiating, and tracking your budget Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
This course will enable you to identify and manage the steps and methods of budgeting. You'll learn how to build, approve, and track your budget and advise operational staff about what to do in the event of deviations.
- Integrate your own unit's budgeting process into your company's.
- Create operating, capital, and summary budgets.
- Determine a cash flow balance and create a provisional profit and loss account.
- Make any budgetary adjustments, trade-offs, and corrections
- Control your budget, analyze and correct any deviations
- Management control process
- Different planning horizons.
- How budget controls are organized.
- The annual budget: A performance management tool.
Individual brainstorming session: Describe how your company's budget process is organized.
- Budgeting prerequisites.
- The steps and players in the budgeting procedure.
- The budget creation diagram.
- Operating budgets: Sales, production, procurement, payroll, support functions.
- The provisional profit and loss account.
- Capital budgets: List and rank capital investments, commitments.
- Summary budgets: Cash budget, provisional balance sheet and cash flow, financing plan.
Create a provisional balance sheet and determine a cash flow balance.
- Knowing how to negotiate and sell your budget: The five key success factors.
- How can you argue for your action plans and earn support for them?
- Budgetary consolidation
- Budget adjustments and arbitration.
- Month-to-month budgeting.
Using a pre-written budget, present and argue for your action plans.
- The fundamentals of budget control.
- Prerequisites for deviation analysis.
- The notion of flexible budgets.
- Knowing the main deviations: Quantity, price.
- Standard costs. Different types of costing to opt for.
- Deviation analysis: Deviations in turnover, in direct or indirect costs, in return.
- Putting corrective actions in place.
Calculate and interpret the budget deviations.