Consult our trainings :
> Digital Technologies training > DBMS / Business Intelligence training > Business Intelligence / Big Data training > Business Objects XI, Desktop Intelligence L1 training
Business Objects XI, Desktop Intelligence L1 Training
Duration : 2 days
Ref : BDI
Price 2019 : Contact us
- Participants / Prerequisite
This course is intended for Webintelligence BO XI users. It will give them the opportunity to understand the concepts and enable them to master the query, reporting and analysis functionalities.
Learners will practice all topics covered, create queries and reports on actual examples.
- Desktop intelligence description.
- Data analysis and presentation.
- Information sharing and security management.
- Connection to data sources.
- Creating a query in an existing document.
- Modifying a data provider.
- Document repository : importing and exporting.
- Universe definition.
- Creating and executing a simple query on a universe.
- Query panel.
- Applying conditions.
- Use of the rotation mode.
- Master/detail reports.
- Pivot tables and 3D diagrams.
- Visualising and deleting data.
- Data blocks management (delete, rename, redefinition).
- Filtering the displayed data.
- Inserting, managing filters and creating complex filters.
- Controlling the order, sorting and multiple sorting of data.
- Using the ranking to view maximal and minimal values.
- Conflicts between ranking, filters and sorting.
- Hiding data columns and rows.
- Creating, activating and disabling alerters.
- User objects (creation, modification, delete).
- Applying complex conditions on queries.
- Sub queries and calculations.
- Using an existing query in a condition.
- Managing the condition groups.
- Use of AND/OR operators.
- Creating combined queries.
- Adding simple calculations in reports.
- Count functions.
- Calculate with Dimension and Detail objects.
Participants / Prerequisite
End-user in charge of the enterprise reporting and all people involved in the business decision support processes of the company.
Knowledge of desktop tools such as Excel. Knowledge of decison support environments would be an added-value.
Book your place
Submit your request
Generally, courses take place from 9:00 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 17:30.
However, on the first day attendees are welcomed from 8:45, and there is a presentation of the session between 9:15 and 9:30.
The course itself begins at 9:30. For the 4- or 5-day hands-on courses, the sessions finish at 15:30 on the last day