Business Objects v6 for user Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
Based on tutorials, the training will enable learners to grasp Business Objects (v6) concepts, create simple and complex queries, format reports and analyse the data. Commonly processed tasks and user tools will be detailed and directly used through practical examples.
- Introduction to Business Objects.
- Tasks falling to user in the enterprise.
- Presentation and introduction of the training environment (databases, universe).
- Presentation of the user tool.
First steps with the tool. Description of the query panel interface.
- Definition and presentation of elements supplied to the user (universe, classes, objects).
- Definition and presentation of various types of objects (dimensions, details, measures).
- Definition of queries, reports, blocs (tables, charts).
- Open wizard. Presentation of the choice of data source (universe, external sources).
- Creation of simple queries. Handling objects (adding and deleting objects).
- Creation of queries with a condition. Definition of operators (selecting a choice of values from a list of values, creating prompts, ...).
- Creation of queries with embedded conditions (usage of AND/OR).
- Using the slice & dice window. (breaks, master/detail sections, ...)
Creating queries with simple filters. Creating queries with multiple filters. Displaying results (slice & dice).
- Sorting data.
- Creating calculations on the report's numerical and alphanumerical data.
- Defining, using and creating variables.
- Defining and creating alerters.
- Filtering ordering and ranking data.
Applying various formats on a report. Creating and using templates. Creating pivot tables and charts from a report.
- Slicing & Dicing.
- Exploring hierarchies (explorer view).
Applying multidimensional analysis on a report.