Consult our trainings :
- Participants / Prerequisite
By the end of the programme participants will be able to: identify ways of building self-esteem and confidence, express their ideas and feelings adequately in a constructive manner, and overall, enhance interactions with others. The programme has been designed, with the aid of practical techniques, to help participants learn how to change their behaviour and deal assertively with a variety of complex workplace situations for positive outcomes.
- Identifying strengths and areas of improvement.
- Developing assertiveness skills.
- Your personal plan for success.
Assertiveness questionnaire, self-evaluations.
- Understanding assertiveness and how it differs from aggressive and passive or submissive behaviour.
- Analysing the 7 main components for effective and assertive communication.
- Active Listening and Responding.
- Tuning your non-verbal communication.
- Creating empathy.
- Effective questioning.
Interactive Cases: Role-play situations. Group discussion.
- Dealing with fear, criticism and unfair or threatening behaviour.
- Best practices for giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Creating Win-Win situations.
- Setting positive boundaries.
- Assertiveness Behaviour Model: DESC.
- Asking for what you want to meet your needs.
- Influencing others without manipulating.
- Expressing messages, opinions and thoughts clearly and accurately whilst respecting the rights of others.
- Reducing stress level.
- Managing time more effectively.
- Closing conversations.
- Gaining increased confidence physically and vocally.
- Dealing with aggressive behaviour and offering an alternative to conflict.
- Managing your emotions in stressful situations.
- Applying models and tools to manage conflict and achieve resolution.
- Adopting different interpersonal communication styles.
- Gaining respect and enjoying greater self-esteem.