Creating a realistic, convincing business plan Training
- Participants / Prerequisite
Define, structure, and monitor a business plan. Create the marketing and technical aspects and draft a financing plan (managerial and accounting tools). Evaluate its impact and feasibility, provide contingency plans and abandonment costs. Design marketing and sales pitches for communication.
- Formalize your ideas and project into a business model
- Structure the drafting of your business plan
- Create a business plan with multiple parts: Financial, technical, and marketing
- Know how to present your business plan and communicate about its distinctive features and its value
- Take a critical view of your own business plan and know how to be objective about its feasibility
- Formalizing your ideas and strategic vision.
- Positioning the project.
- Defining the business model.
- Financial calculations.
- Getting financing for capital and operations.
- Finding business partners, manufacturers and salespeople to work with, etc.
- Having a tool for monitoring and overseeing the project.
Hands-on work Description of different types of business models.
- Standard plan.
- Adapting it to suit any plan's specifics.
- Structure of the written documents.
Case study A real estate project.
- The project's drivers.
- The marketing aspect: Product line, positioning, pricing, sales estimates, etc.
- The technical aspect: Capital investment, procurement, organization, human resources, etc.
- The financial aspect: The balance sheet and provisional profit and loss account, break-even point, ROI, etc.
Hands-on work Using different methods for estimating sales.
- Identifying key factors for success and risk factors.
- Making contingency plans.
- Implementing simulations and assessing their impact.
- Feasibility and sustainability assessment.
- Calculating the project's abandonment cost.
Case study Critical analysis of a business plan: Points that show clarity, missing information, etc.
- Highlighting the project's distinctive features and intrinsic value.
- Proof that the financial estimates are sound and reliable.
- Formal drafting: Form and substance, creating an impactful, meaningful document.
- Oral presentation: Types of presentation, tools to use to gain confidence and win over people.
Hands-on work Simulated oral presentations of your business plan to a bank.